Our cardiovascular clinic is led by Dr. Folasade Alli. She is backed by a strong team of both invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular care providers that work together to evaluate and treat cardiac and vascular patients, while utilising the most advanced techniques and technologies in cardiovascular medicine. The cardiovascular clinic is fully equipped by General Electric.
Symptoms & Diagnosis
We cover expertise in several symptoms and diagnosis including Angina, Aortic Stenosis, Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial Septal Defect, Blackouts, Breathlessness, Carotid Artery Stenosis, Chest Pain, Heart Failure, Heart Rhythm Problems, High Blood Pressure, Palpitations, Patent Foramen Ovale, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Vasovagal Syncope, etc.
Our team offers a complete range of cardiac and vascular investigations including 24hr Ambulatory ECG, 24hr Ambulatory BP, 2D Echocardiography, 4D Echocardiography, Ankle Brachial Index, Carotid Artery Ultrasound Scanning, Coronary Angiography, Electrocardiogram (ECG), Exercise Tolerance Testing, Stress Echocardiography, Upright Head Tilt Test, etc.
Lastly, we offer a complete range of non-invasive cardiovascular treatments including Medication Therapy, Cardiac Resynchronisation, Coronary Angioplasty, Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator, Pacemaker Insertion, and Ventricular Assist Pump.
Healthier Heart, Longer Life
Partnering with the most important team member — our patient — LECC cardiovascular team focuses on each individual, including meeting each patient’s needs as a whole person and taking the time to listen and answer questions. Our experienced cardiac and vascular teams are trained with the latest techniques to prevent and diagnose cardiovascular diseases, including heart diseases and stroke; and manage and rehabilitate patients with these conditions.
- Diagnostic Coronary Angiography
- Invasive Haemodynamic Assessment
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
- Temporary and Permanent Pacing Procedures
- Device Closure of Patent Foramen Ovale
- Device Closure of Secundum Atrial Septal Defects
- Device Closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Coarctation Stenting
- Balloon Pulmonary Valvotomy
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Balloon Aortic Valvotomy
- Balloon Dilatation of Branch Pulmonary Arteries
- Electrophysiological Studies and Ablations
- Interventional Radiology
- Peripheral Vascular Interventions
- Exercise Stress Testing for Coronary Artery Disease
- Nuclear Stress Testing for Coronary Artery Disease and Assessment Of Ventricular Function
- Stress Echocardiography
- Trans-Thoracic Echocardiography
- Trans-Oesophageal Echocardiography Including Intra-Operative
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac MRI
- Company Annual Physicals
Ensuring Patient Safety
- Collaborative care. We collaborate with our other clinical experts in many specialties to provide comprehensive care. These experts include surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, and doctors in many other specialties as well as nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and dietitians.
- Research & Technology. It is part of our culture to constantly gain new knowledge and skills, as well as access state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities. Hence, through international conferences and trainings, our experts are constantly seeking new knowledge to improve diagnosis and therapies for patients with many heart conditions. Our physician close collaboration with physicians and scientists across the world contributes to the advancement of clinical care for patients across Nigeria.
- Focused on you. Having all this expertise in a single place — focused on you — means that you’re not just getting one opinion. Your care is discussed among the extended team, your test results are available quickly, and appointments are scheduled in coordination. Specialists work together for you.
Electrophysiological studies have been used for decades to evaluate cardiac arrhythmias and to get a basic understanding of their mechanisms. Venticular tachyarrhythmias are the commonest cause of sudden cardiac death (SCD). The patients are investigated by an EP study and, if required, provided with implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) as a life-saving device.
We have capabilities for multi-site pacing for patients of Heart Failure and Dilated cardiomyopathy.
LECC has a dedicated Cardiothoracic ICU with 1:1 nursing ratio, round the clock. It is well equipped with a bedside color doppler, echocardiography system, continuous oxygen supply, infusion pumps, defibrillator, ventilators, invasive as well as non-invasive pressure monitoring systems, temporary pacemaker (transdermal as well as transvenous), intra-aortic balloon pump, ABG (Blood Gas machine) and electrolytes analysis machines.
Cardiac & Vascular Care Programme
If you recently had a heart attack, stroke, or have undergone open-heart surgery or angioplasty, you are probably feeling a little frightened about life and possibly confused. You are unsure of the effect this will have on the rest of your life including your current and future activities. Perhaps, you have had no procedure but you are hypertensive. You may be wondering: How active should I be? When can I drive my car? When can I return to work? What kind of physical activity can I do? Will I ever meet my (great)-grandchildren?
We understand your questions and anxieties, and have, therefore, developed a comprehensive programme to help you through your recovery process. Our team, which includes cardiologists, a cardiac rehabilitation nurse, an international accredited clinical dietician, and social workers will help you better understand what steps you can take to lead a healthy and normal life.
Our major goal is to help you and your family throughout your recovery and to assist you in getting back to your normal activities so that you can continue to live a healthy, productive life.
Cardiac & Vascular Care Programme
Only patients that have been approved by a cardiologist are allowed to join.