Intensive Care Unit
Also known as Critical Care Unit (CCU), our ICU provides intensive care treatment to patients with severe and life-threatening illness and injuries that require close monitoring and support. Our team consisting of perioperative and anaesthetic nurses as well as our intensivists are in charge of the specialized care required for patients in the ICU.
LECC ICU has a higher staff-to-patient ratio and access to advanced medical resources, which results in good patient outcome.
The most seriously ill or injured patients are cared for by the critical care intensivists. These experts provide specialised care for patients who have experienced major surgery or trauma, as well as those with other critical medical needs.
Led by Dr. Lanre Akanmu, our Department of Critical Care Medicine at LECC is committed to outstanding patient care in neonatal, paediatric and adult ICU.
We are leaders in critical care medicine delivery for successful outcomes. Our primary clinical priority is to deliver state of the art around-the-clock, multidisciplinary, compassionate, tertiary care to critically ill patients in our ICUs.
- Adult and Pediatric Stroke Intensive Care
- Paediatrics intensive care: Paediatrics patients are treated in this intensive care unit for life-threatening medical problems such as asthma, diabetic, or traumatic brain injury. Congenital heart disease are cared for Paediatrics cardiac intensive care units, where patients with congenital heart disease are cared for.
- Coronary care: Also known as Cardiac Intensive Care or Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (this caters to patients specifically with life-threatening acute conditions such as cardiac arrest.
- Neurological intensive care: Patients here are treated for an eurysms, brain tumors, stroke, snake bites and post-surgical patients who have undergone various neurological surgeries and require hourly neurological exams.
- Post anesthesia care: Also known as the post-operative recovery unit, or recovery room, provides immediate post-op observation and stabilization of patients following procedures.
- Surgical Intensive Care:An inpatient surgical service catering for critically ill patient.